[Squeakland] Copying from one project to another?

Mark Engelberg mark.engelberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 09:28:19 PDT 2005

On 10/27/05, Bert Freudenberg <bert at impara.de> wrote:

> I've just made such a project:
>
>      http://www.squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://impara.de/~bert/
> wegpunkte.001.pr
>
> Mind you, this version uses much more advanced concepts than a simple
> follow-the-road script would have. It activates and freezes scripts,
> and uses connectors to, well, connect waypoints. Still, I somehow
> like this solution :)

Oh great, just when I thought I was getting my head around etoys, you
go ahead and point out  a whole section of functionality I knew
nothing about (namely, connectors).  <sigh>

I do like your solution, although it doesn't seem like it elegantly
extends to the case where you might want to revisit a waypoint at some
point in the cycle (for example, a figure-eight, with one waypoint
marking the intersection).  A list-based solution seems more
extensible in this way.  Still, I'm glad you mentioned your solution,
because otherwise I would have had no idea about the capabilities of
connectors (I had seen them in the object catalog, but thought they
were just diagram-drawing tools, not something with actual
directed-graph functionality).

Speaking of somewhat-hidden functionality, buried in the world menu
I've found a number of menu items relating to "cards" and "stacks".
Is there some sort of hypercard-style subsystem within Squeak, or is
this something else altogether?

Thanks,

Mark