[Squeakland] Making a Copy of an eToy from a script and using the mouse pointer to activate an eToy script

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Thu Nov 9 14:39:34 PST 2006

Hi all again :),

My students and me are working in a kind of basic pingus/lemmings
clone[1] using eToys. We would like to use the mouse pointer to select a
eToy and execute an script. The idea is to make click on a button, for
example the one with the message "Detener al otro" ("Stop the other")
and then select the eToy who would have this script enabled using the mouse.

[1] http://pingus.seul.org/

We are also stuck on how to make copies on an eToy, so we work only on
one, defining scripts, and animations and the we put the amount we want
in the game. We know about the green halo button for copy, but we would
like to use not graphically but from inside of a script. We have tried
to use the message eToyName's copy but it can't be dragged on a script.
The animations defined for the first eToy are not copied when we copy it.

Waiting for your quick and friendly answer as always,

Offray

Pdt: It seems that we're reaching some kind of stress point of the
eToys. Would be nice to have the possibility to go from them to their
code, but the scripts of the eToys seem to have only a code view, but is
not usable for writing new code. I have bought the BotInc book from
Steffane (it will be here in Colombia in a month :-/ ), as a path in
that sense, but I'm wondering if eToys2/Tweak are the way to go from
eToys to code for extending them and learn more about programming.