[Squeakland] silence trashcan?

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 00:19:30 PST 2007

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 8:51 am, Mark Nelson wrote:
> How do I silence the 'camera' sound when items go to the trash bin, while
> keeping the 'preserve trash' functionality? I thought I had this solved
> when I found the "TrashCanMorph >> playDeleteSound" message, but this is a
> 'ping' sound that plays simultaneously along with the 'camera' sound. I
> successfullly eliminated the 'ping' by commenting it out in "TrashCanMorph
In TrashCanMorph>>moveToTrash, you will find two statements that play sounds
depending on whether preserveTrash is set or not - playSoundNamed: 'scratch'
and playDeleteSound. You can mark the entire first statement as a comment to
exclude sounds. E.g.
	"Preferences soundsEnabled ..... ]]."
and that should do the trick. You could also replace the two play statements
with:
	playSoundNamed: 'silence'

Subbu