[Squeakland] Squeak fails to run after install: security problems?

korakurider korakurider at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Feb 7 17:37:53 PST 2007

--- Michael Rueger <michael at squeakland.org> wrote:
> One modification to the Squeak.ini file that resides
> in the Squeak
> installation folder (usually C:\Program
> Files\Squeak\Plugin) could be to
> add
> [security]
> UserDirectory=%HomePath%
>
> This would direct Squeak to use the respective
> user's home directory to
> create the files it needs.

  Unfortunately "UserDirectory" setting affect only
projecct store for loading/saving (i.e. alternate my
squeak) as described in document.  To modify crypt key
location you need to adjust SecureDirectory setting.
(at least I could confirm this on mybox with 3.7.1 VM)

  One pitfall of SecureDirectory trick (for 3.7.1 VM) is
that you need to describe path without environemnt
variable like %HOME%, while you can use it in
UserDirectory.