[Squeakland] DrGeo as a part bins

Karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Sat Jun 23 05:40:02 PDT 2007

Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have redesigned the Dr. GeoII[1] user interface to make it looks
> like a Morph component. It is more in the Squeak Morph constructivist
> philosophy approach (see screenshot).
>
> Now you can create an interactive geometry canvas (a PasteUpMorph
> exactly) from the PartBins ([Alt]+O). From the halo menu or the canvas
> menu you access two submenus, one to select a construction tool, the
> other one to get buttons you can plug any where you want.
>
> These changes mean you can take a DrGeo canvas and plug it in a
> BookMorph page, then take some construction buttons you want the kids
> to use and plug them in the page book as well. Well the usual stuff
> you expect with Squeak.
>
> Sorry the menu are still only in French, but you know that English and
> French vocabulary are very close, don't you?
>
> Fetch the latest source from
> http://www.squeaksource.com/DrGeoII.html. It should work with 3.8, 3.9
> and SqueakLand.
>
> It will be great if someone could produce a screencast.
>
> Really designing stuff with Squeak is of great pleasure!
>
> Hilaire
>
> [1] Dr. GeoII is an interactive geometry tool for Squeak
Looks very interesting. To bad I don't read any french, I have a hard
time understanding what to do with the different objects.
Here is a link to another project I have been using a little :
http://mathsnet.net/campus/construction/

You could publish the project on Squeak Map for even easier access
Karl