[Squeakland] event capture, batched screen updates, wait

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Wed Oct 31 22:57:51 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Three questions about etoys.

First, is there a way I can capture the event of turning a page in a
book to fire off a script?   Specifically:

1. click next to go to page4

2. this fires page4.startTheFun

3. click prev, then click next again

4. fires page4.startTheFun again

Second, when looping within a script, it appears that the screen
updates are batched.  If I do "repeat 10 ... forward 10", it looks
the same as if I did "forward 100".  Is there a way around this, or
do all screen updates happen on a clock tick.

Last, is there a way to wait a set amount of time, other than rolling
my own "wait" using a variable?