[Squeakland] rubberbanded sibling problem

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Tue Sep 4 12:41:11 PDT 2007

Hi, Randy, and all,

Thanks for this observation.

Our thinking has been that inadvertent use, which would have
mysterious consequences, would be much more likely than any intended
use.  Therefore, a sibling (or multiple siblings) can only be created
for a single object at a time, and thus we never allow the user to
create siblings from the halo of a "rubber-band" multiple selection.

Formerly, the "siblings" submenu was still available in the halo-menu
for a multiple-selection, but that got fixed earlier this year.

The remaining issue here was that the balloon-help for the green halo-
handle of a multiple selection mistakenly still claimed that if you
held down the shift key you could get siblings rather than copies.
This has now been fixed by etoys2.1 update 1583fixDupHelpMsg.

Cheers,

   -- Scortt