[Squeakland] Importing wav files

karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Fri Sep 21 13:05:18 PDT 2007

subbukk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I import a wav file into Squeak? The filelist dialog doesn't recognize
> wav files as sound files. The SoundRecorder widget only generates sound tiles
> but cannot export/import wav :-(
Sound import is well hidden in Squeak. But it is possible:
(SampledSound fromWaveFileNamed: 'c:\windows\media\chimes.wav') play

I have been looking at these classes lately and have been thinking at
different solutions. One thing I was wondering about is whether
filedialogs are abounded in OLPC and just drag and drop supported ? And
there is no sound library tool which could reference all sounds present
in the Etoys sound tiles. How should such a tool be implemented ? Like a
book ?

Karl