[Squeakland] Etoys - create duplicate (not sibling) from a script?

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 23:22:09 PST 2008

On Saturday 02 Feb 2008 12:24:30 am Scott Wallace wrote:
> Hi, Subbu,
>
> You'll see it in the menu only if the eToyFriendly preference is
> false, in which case it can be found in the "halo actions..." submenu.
Thank you, Scott and Andre. This option totally slipped my mind.

Scott's solution using a textual script is really neat. The playfield already
keeps track of collections of Robots, so we could use it to track duplicates.
The duplicate's position can be computed based on the cursor or count.

E.g. Playfield>>makeDuplicate
	self includeAtCursor: self getValueAtCursor costume duplicate player.
	self getValueAtCursor turn: 45; forward: 10; turn: 45

Regards .. Subbu