[Squeakland] Editing glyphs in paragraphs

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:07:24 PST 2008

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 9:13:56 pm Karl wrote:

> http://bgaertner.gmxhome.de/MorphicFontEditor.htm
>
> Karl
Karl,

The FontEditor edits an array of bitmaps. I was looking for a shape editor
that can be unleashed on individual characters of, say, TTSampleStringMorph.

Just a little bit of detail:

If users can compose their own shapes for glyphs, then we won't need font
tables (in their current form). A set of paragraphs can be considered as a
sequence of indexes that refer to entries in a glyph palette that contains
only the glyphs that are used in the paragraphs. New glyphs could be composed
on the fly and appended to the glyph palette. A reference to an external font
table is no longer required to render such a paragraph.

Subbu