[squeakland] Quick start guide

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Aug 11 06:48:50 EDT 2009

On 11.08.2009, at 09:58, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Ok, here it goes:
>
> - I can't duplicate a bookmorph from the help flap, when I duplicate a
> bookmorph in fact only a page is duplicated

No, it is simply that the page controls are hidden. Enable them in the
book's halo menu. I just updated

http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/How+to+translate+the+Quick+Guides

(even adding screenshots to illustrate the process)

> - Nevermind, I created an empty book then pasted each pages and
> translated those pages
> - I saved the project containing the bookmorph (what about leftover
> content in the project?), saved it as NavBarGarderProject.
> - I copied the this new .pr file in the Quickguide folder in Etoys.
> When I started again Etoys, I could'nt see my new book

There is a still-unfixed bug so that .pr files are not automatically
found. But there is a simple workaround:

http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/2009-March/003018.html

- Bert -