[Squeakland] Download location for Etoys 4.0 image ?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Tue Jun 16 14:12:28 PDT 2009

Thank you, Bert, for the detailed explanation and download locations.

You wrote:

>> The
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Releases/Sucrose/0.84/Etoys
>> suggests that 4.0.2206 is an official release for end users.  Do I
>> understand that page correctly?
>
> Well, these are obviously developer pages. Sugar 1.0 will be the actual
> release for end users.

My misunderstanding then  (I guess this explains why  "Utilities
updateFromServer" on my end-user 3.0 image downloads nothing.)

I will be glad to have the bug fixed code in my hands early, (even
though I have not exercised the bugs yet.)  Thanks again.

A follow up question as my search skills failed me again:  have
release criteria for Sugar 1.0 been posted yet ?  (What I have read so
far is a roadmap from 0.84 in April to 0.86 in the fall :
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Roadmap/0.86  .
I wondered if  0.86 will be a 1.0 release candidate, or if more new
features are planned for 1.0?)

David