[Squeakland] Squeakland Spring Newsletter

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon May 18 13:21:58 PDT 2009

Am 18.05.2009 um 20:19 schrieb Milan Zimmermann:

> Hi Rita,
>
> Thanks for putting the newsletter together, I think it is very
> useful for users, but also that each team is in touch what the other
> teams are working on.

Yes, you are right, communication is very important.

> I have a minor question about the Courseware page, for example there
> is Mathematics 1, 2, 3. Is the 1,2,3 ment to be roughly equivalent
> to grade level (e.g. grade 1-4, 5-8, 9-12)?

No, we just want to start with three examples for math units (and the
other topics as well). We decided to start addressing 4th grade
students, so all the units will cover things 4th graders have to
learn / elementary teachers have to teach to 4th graders anyway. We
will of course not limit our development to this age, but we needed
something to start with and 4th grade is just a great age :)

Greetings,
Rita