[squeakland] !! input needed ... priorities for next version

Timothy Falconer timothy at squeakland.org
Mon Nov 9 23:03:22 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

At todays Squeakland software meet, we discussed how to prioritize the
tasks for the next release, slated for mid-June.

Here are some criteria that came up.  Choose issues that:

1. have high educational value
2. will enhance collaboration and community
3. support volunteers that currently have momentum
4. will inspire new developers to dive in and contribute
5. will help smooth out the rough edges in Etoys

I asked everyone to pick their Top Ten issues from the current list of
180:

http://tracker.squeakland.org/dev

Mine are:

1. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-455
2. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-374
3. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-114
4. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-452 (with showcase
integration)
5. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-515
6. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-456
7. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-417
8. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-407
9. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-46
10. http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-60

Please pick your top ten issues and respond to this email.  We'll be
comparing notes next Monday and choosing what issues to emphasize in
coming months.

This is the best time for you to have a voice in the next version of
Etoys.

If you think of something that's not in the tracker already, add the
issue yourself and choose it in your list.

Take care,
Tim

--
Timothy Falconer