[squeakland] Re: the reasons for ranking

Timothy Falconer timothy at squeakland.org
Tue Oct 6 05:27:38 EDT 2009

Thanks for your comments and your use of the showcase.   Be sure to
have a look at the pending showcase tasks:

http://tracker.squeakland.org/showcase

I'll reference existing tickets below.

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-472

> In regards to the method of ranking/tags et al, not sure what works
> best, but the goals should be as stated before:
> 1) Encouraging kids to post their projects
> 2) Encouraging participation of the community in providing
> constructive criticism and encouragement
> 3)
> Quote:
> to bring the best educational examples and those illustrative of
> etoys' strengths to the attention of the community.

These are great goals.   We're also hoping to encourage many adults
(teachers, etc) to post projects, which speaks to #3.

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-408  (account page)

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-417  (friends)

http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-366  (groups, aka galleries)

> Galleries could be useful for example for teachers who post projects
> or better yet lesson plans they found useful.

We appreciate your thoughts, and ask for a little more patience as we
add these features.    Feel free to add any new requests to the
tracker directly.

Take care,
Tim