[squeakland] please help me test browser compatibility

Timothy Falconer timothy at squeakland.org
Wed Oct 21 10:55:32 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

We're launching the Etoys 4 final today, but first we need to make a
fix to the showcase.

We have recently discovered that the showcase does not appear well on
Internet Explorer 8.

If you use IE8 and you have some time today, please visit the Etoys
chat channel (http://chat.squeakland.org) and say:

"teefal, I have IE8"   (or something .... the important part is
starting with "teefal", which is me.)

I need to try a few things, but since I don't have IE8 here, I need
someone to be my eyes for me.

Even if you don't use IE8, please check the website on your browser to
determine if it looks like the four pictures below.

Respond to this email, saying "It looks good on Windows XP, IE6" or
"Ubuntu 4.04 on Konquerer" or whatever.   No need to test on Safari or
Firefox on Mac OS X.

This will be a BIG help.

Thanks,
Tim