[squeakland] Teachers can make QuickGuides for their own lessons

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Thu Aug 26 20:10:30 EDT 2010

Ted,

Having the Standard ones shown first makes sense.  But within the sets of
standard and user created guides the items are not listed in alphabetical
order.

To show what I mean, here is a Screenshot of current ordering: [image:
Screen shot 2010-08-26 at 7.30.18 PM.png]

So one possible improvement (for next release, Bert is already over worked)
would be to list them in alphabetical order to facilitate easier lookup.
 The order of the standard one can be easily fixed by sorting the index.txt
file (I tried modifying this file it changed the order and it worked.
Attached is a sorted version of the file, I did a cross check and it has the
same number of lines and also sorted the new and previous versions doing a
diff to ensure no unintended changes). Sorting of the user added guides
would have to be done in code.

I found a bug in my typing ;) the .pr was at the end, here is a screenshot
of the files in the QuickGuides folder:
[image: Screen shot 2010-08-26 at 7.32.40 PM.png]you will notice NavBarBob
has two versions.  When I compare what is displayed in the guide with
version 002 they are different. So while the convention is that the largest
numbered version is the one fetched, my test on a Macintosh with Etoys Alpha
2 version 4.1 build 2382 shows the version 001 being fetched.

The work around is simple I just need to ensure there is only one version in
the directory.

Thanks,
Stephen