[squeakland] Etoys on an interactive whiteboard?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Mon Feb 28 05:10:45 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Steve Thomas  wrote:

(about Chaos Game v 2 http://www.squeakland.org/showcase/project.jsp?id=10444 )

>> Even though multiplayer won't work,
>
> More accurately multi-touch will not work on a SmartBoard.  Multi-player
> should still be fine, other than when two or more kids touch the board at
> the same time. Then I imagine that when they don't get a response they will
> simply touch again.

Of course - thanks for clarifying. I imagined the same think after I
wrote that. Lets find out what happens when someone tests it under
pressure of two teams of enthusiastic gamers. It seems very unlikely
indeed (to me) that there would be problems playing the game on page 2
with a single-touch device  :)

David

(p.s. another alternative for a classroom with multiple computers
would be to share the toy in a Croquet/OpenCobalt world.)