[SqNOS] Compiling SqueakNOS on Macos

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Wed Sep 3 00:02:21 UTC 2008

Mathieu Suen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to compile SqueakNOS on Macos and have some issue.
> Apparently is due to dylib that do not staticaly link. Here the output:
Hi Mathieu, I remember you from ESUG, trying to compile SqueakNOS on
MacOSX. I've been trying to find an answer for you, and just found a
worst problem...

We need to produce an ELF image, and I think MacOSX' ld can't produce
ELF, it can only spit Mach-O. Apparently you will have to download and
compile or install some gnu tools, like gnu ld. After this, it's quite
probably that you'll also need to install gcc if the included cc is not
gcc, and if the .o format cc produces is not ok for gnu ld.

I'll try to find out more tomorrow, asking some people at work. Get back
to you with more info, if any.

    richie