[UI] Well, shall we do something then?

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:02:18 UTC 2007

On 9/16/07, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> I really think that the conversations about use of MVP, MVC, whatever
> a re very premature. Right now I'd urge people to be thinking about
> what a UI should be able to do and not worry about just how to do it
> yet.

On this I'm actually of the oposite opinion.  I don't think we can
know what we will want to do graphically tommorow, but one thing never
changes:  We always some some domain object that does some kind of
non-GUI work, and we always have one or more ways we wish to present
it.

IMO, this is the power of the MVP concept, that we decouple these two
always present components from the View which changes constanlty and
often drastically (what did computing look like 10 years ago?  The
models are still mostly the same).