[UI] Squeak UI/Usability Design

Geert Claes geert.wl.claes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:32:47 UTC 2007

Don't get me wrong, I reckon the work Gary has done with his UI Enhancements
is
a great start and it actually showed me the true potential of Squeak.

Squeak should be all about choice. I reckon the Squeak image should be
stripped
down to the bare minimum with a package loader allowing the user to choose
what
they want in their image. It is in people's nature to resists change and
therefore I think it's important that the user should be given the choice
how to
interact with their Squeak image - current Morphic package or some new,
different more user friendly Morphic package.