[UI] Diff tools.

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 06:45:26 UTC 2008

2008/4/16 Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org>:
> Did I ever tell I did a very small change set that allows 32 bpp
> StrikeFonts, and a set of free subpixel rendered fonts? Works on any
> platform without any new plugin. It is what you need for this to look really
> great (if you are not using FreeType). It is at
> http://www.jvuletich.org/NiceFonts.html .

I'm aware of your changes concerning fonts.
Just one question, why it requires 32bpp , not 8bpp?
A raster font should be represented by a mask and 8bpp for mask pixels
is more than enough for representing font with fully opaque/fully
transparent and semi-transparent pixels. What you doing with rest 24
bits?

>  I can understand people not using it because they prefer FreeType. But I
> can't understand how can somebody prefer those ugly fonts...
>
>  Cheers,
>  Juan Vuletich
>
>  Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>

> > Hey, that's cool!
> >
> > For those that don't have the time to load the code, here is a screenshot
> (sorry for the additional traffic, but since there was no other response to
> this mail, I think it's appropriate ;) )

> > ...Screenshot removed...
> >

> > One thing I noticed is that in the text panes, for selected code the
> keyboard shortcuts do not work and the usual context menu is missing.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Adrian
> >
> > BTW: I still have a problem loading or updating to versions beyond
> Pinesoft-Widgets-gvc.301.mcz (even if there are no windows opened when
> which the image cannot recover.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.