[UI] Summary

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 20:46:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Gary Chambers
<gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Just to summarise what we should be looking at (IMHO):
>
>  Alain Plantec's Miro http://www.squeaksource.com/Miro/
>  Juan Vuletich http://www.jvuletich.org/Morphic3/TheFutureOfTheGUI_01.html
>  (the site appears to be suffering from entropy...)
>  Sig's OpenGL canvas (can be Googled, will let Sig let us know...)
>  The SqueakGTK project http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6043 (older:
>  http://www.squeaksource.com/Gtk/)
>  Areithfa Ffenestri http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3862

It might also be worth finding out some more about Gilad Bracha's work
on Newspeak. He's got a very slick interface built on top of Squeak,
using two frameworks - "Brazil" widget framework and "Hopscotch"
application framework. He discussed them briefly in passing during the
talk linked to at
http://news.squeak.org/2008/04/19/video-of-newspeak-lecture-now-available/
- I think he's still working to persuade the sponsors to allow the
code to be open-sourced, but there may be a useful discussion to be
had in the meantime.