[V3dot10] Re: loading scripts via package universes

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Tue Aug 7 14:32:04 UTC 2007

Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> I dont need a universe server, I can write a script which loads
> exactly what I want, in exactly the correct order.
>
> All I need, all I or anyone has ever needed is "visibility" of what
> depends upon what. Squeakmap, monticello nor even universes gives this
> in a visible form. Universes at least captures the information better
> than the rest.
>
> Monticello configurations look quite handy, but there is no place at
> the moment for "design-intent" to be conveyed. I think that this is
> the biggest missing piece in all of these solutions.

I will be interested in seeing how you address mutual compatibility of
packages.  If package A wants Monticello 1, and package B wants
Monticello 2, and we assume these Monticello's are incompatible, then
A and B are also incompatible.  How do you think to address this
issue?

Anyway, you are welcome to help out with the 3.10 development
universe, if that fits in with your goals, but with all due respect
you have to work with the existing team in that case.

Lex