[V3dot10] Re: loading scripts via package universes

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 02:38:38 UTC 2007

>  If you patch 15 packages, then isn't that pretty much a fork?
>> Assuming it is really what you want, you should probably set up your
>> own universe server.  It is easy to do -- it's all pure Squeak.

I dont need a universe server, I can write a script which loads exactly
what I want, in exactly the correct order.

All I need, all I or anyone has ever needed is "visibility" of what
depends upon what. Squeakmap, monticello nor even universes gives this
in a visible form. Universes at least captures the information better
than the rest.

Monticello configurations look quite handy, but there is no place at the
moment for "design-intent" to be conveyed. I think that this is the
biggest missing piece in all of these solutions.

Keith