[V3dot10] Re: Monticello and 3.10

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 17 18:34:12 UTC 2007

El 8/17/07 11:38 AM, "Lex Spoon" <lex at lexspoon.org> escribió:

> On the process issues, let me just repeat that I fully agree, Edgar.
> Please integrate submissions at the speed and in the order that makes
> sense, and please request anything reasonable from the submittors and
> the group at large that will help.  If you want things on Mantis, or
> on the wiki, or if you want more input of some kind, then just ask.
> You guys are doing an extraordinarily good service to make the
> decisions about what goes in without upsetting too many of the people
> trying to use Squeak.
>
> On package loaders, it is important to have at least one major format
> that a distribution can be built around.  I would prefer that the
> release team oversees this decision, just like it decides which
> compiler is standard.  So I do not like this suggestion that the core
> image might dump Monticello and leave it up to each Squeak user to
> figure out which variant of which fork to use.
>

> If that happens, then maybe we need to build some kind of
> Monticello Team to maintain a main, non-controversial version
> of Monticello that most people can use.  Such a team could run a bug
> and submission tracker much like we do for the core image.
>
> Such a Monticello Team would be an example of the cross-dialect
> packages Andreas asked about a few weeks ago....
>

> -Lex

I agree with the Monticello Team idea.
We need this current technology as standard and powerful as possible.
If a Monticello Team comes all gain.
And I test all they made and try to get in the base image.
Only I wish Avi or Colin or any of Impara people in this team.
Currently Mantis reports was assigned to Avi.