[V3dot10] Auto-Build tutorial

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 15:39:53 UTC 2007

Considering that ever other bleeping bit of software in Squeak comes
without an ounce of documentation, and you are lucky to even get a class
comment.

Not only I have documented everything I have written in emails
all of the items mentioned (the ones that exist anyway) have class
comments fully documenting everything.

People wanted explanation of how to run everything locally without the
wiki, I give them that in simple words.

I find your response to me to be unnecessarily critical and absolutely
insulting.

>> The intro should start "Autobuild is a system for" and then it should
>> tell us what it does.
>>
>> How do you start an image that is going to read the wiki?  You should
You DONT.

>> probably say something like "Autobuild can be run from the command
>> line, and it can read commands from a wiki.  Everything that can be
Auto build ISNT Run from the command line. It doesnt read commands from
the wiki.

>> done from the command line can also be done from the wiki.  A typical
>> command line is ***, which is equivalent to the wiki page ***.   To
>> run a autobuild from a wiki, do XXX."
>>
>> What do the parameters INSTALL, URL, PATH, etc mean?  What is the
>> difference between TestRunner and TextRunner?    What is the purpose
>> of Logger and WAKom?  Please tell us what each option means.

RTFM