[V3dot10] Auto-Build tutorial

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 16:36:24 UTC 2007

>> Auto build ISNT Run from the command line.
>
> Sorry, you lost me there. In the tutorial you write
>
>     "The central concept in auto-build is the ability to invoke squeak
> from a command-line"
>
> These two statements don't fit together for me. Also, I could not find
> the "make(any).action" script anywhere on the wiki, perhaps that would
> have cleared up things (I like to look at code).

Dear Bert,

your confusion is understandable.

1. Yes (statement 2) the central concept IS that you CAN invoke squeak
from the command line if you want to.
2. But (Statement 1) With 'auto-build' YOU do not do the invoking.

You edit the wiki, you change the page 'Make 391', the rss watching
process picks up the change, automatically (hence the name 'auto-build')
runs the script Make(any)-action, and Make(any)-action invokes squeak
from the command line with the parameters listed in that page on the
wiki. You pick up your finished image from the web server, together with
any test reports generated on the way.

Keith