[V3dot10] Auto-Build tutorial

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 18:18:56 UTC 2007

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2007, at 18:36 , Keith Hodges wrote:
>
>> Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>> Okay, but that's only the Ruby "auto-build" code. Hmm, reading it I
>>> see the Smalltalk code is at
>>>
>>>     http://installer.pbwiki.com/f/IBS
>>>
>>> See below for a much simpler and more efficient version of that
>>> script using MCConfiguration.
>>>
>> 3.7 and 3.8 do not have MCConfiguration as far as I am aware.
>
> I thought we were discussing how to build 3.10 from 3.9. Sorry.
>
>> >However, it does only add a #launchWith: method to SmalltalkImage,
>> as far as I can see.
>> >Where are the others?
>>
>> You load them in
>>
>> http://squeak310.pbwiki.com/From39To391PackageUpdates#Testing
>
> Oh, so this installs your private version of SUnit? What else, besides
> adding the launch method, did you change there?
>
> - Bert -
The class description in TestCase explains the test categorisation and
publishing suites.

TestRunner has additional UI for running a published suites, with or
with out filters applied. It also times tests, and has UI for
categorizing them.

cheers

Keith

p.s. Logging results to a text file is still to do, and TextRunner is
SSpec only.