[V3dot10] [ab] Why ruby?

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 13 20:04:58 UTC 2007

Don't forget the other reason that I am using ruby. I simply do not have
the power or memory on my machine to run all these squeak images at once.

Using ruby is a bootstrap mechanism to get us started. I for one do not
like debugging without a proper debugger. Enough said?

1. It watches an rss feed and dumbly triggers scripts based upon the
page name.
2. The main script 'make' moves a fresh image into a working directory
and launches
squeak with the information passed as data on the webpage that changed.
- it's that dumb.
3 A third script 'ChildrenOf' schedules more pages to be triggered in
the future.

thats all folks, it is very simple.

cheers

Keith