[V3dot10] Re: Yoshiki Ohshima is running for the Squeak Board

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 01:15:18 UTC 2007

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>   I personally haven't so much with the cutting edge 3.9 or 3.10, as I
> do more work on different images.  But for the larger Squeak

And the build system is designed to support building and testing derived
images for users beginning with images older than 3.9 just as much as
those wanting to move forward with 3.10

We have users using images as old as 3.2, and newer developments such as
SqueakMap 2, are leaving them behind.
> community, I'd agree that the stability is the primary focus of the
> mainstream image; for people who want to use Squeak as the base of
> their commercial apps, it should be possible.  Other new kinds of
> stuff should be possible starting from the mainstream image, but
> almost by definition, research branches cannot be coordinated with
> each other.  (Hmm this sounds similar to Andrew's statement^^;)
>
> -- Yoshiki

cheers

Keith