[V3dot10] [Q] About updates, take 3

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jan 23 13:19:30 UTC 2007

Am Jan 23, 2007 um 13:03  schrieb Edgar J. De Cleene:

> I just figure how use the remote ftp with console.
> Thanks a lot to Ken !!
>
> I have some of updates before, now I just download all in the
> updates folder
> to my machine.
>
> At the end of updates.list archive, you have
>
> #Squeak3.9gamma
> 7057updatefixGarbageCS.cs
> 7058updatecleaningServicesWindowColor.cs
> 7059updatefixCS.cs
> 7060updatefixCS.1.cs
> 7061updatecleanUpCSRequiredMethod.cs
> 7062CleanSqueakMap.cs
> 7063PrgMorpBrkFixSq.cs
> 7064SMColorFix.cs
> 7065EvalFix.cs
> 7066updaterenamefix.cs
> 7067updatebrowserspeedupfix.cs
>
> So I should add
> 7068Starting3dot10.2.cs
> #Squeak3.10alpha
>
> and put this file again into server
>
> It's correct ?

Almost. Update 7068 should be named 7068Starting3dot10.cs, there must
only be one dot in it. I guess that changeset will offer to advance
the system version? Also, shouldn't there be a #Squeak3.9 section
before #Squeak3.10alpha? In the past we had an update at the end of
gamma that allowed to choose whether to proceed to final or to the
next alpha. It changes the system version, so when loading updates
again you either get one or the other set of updates.

- Bert -