[V3dot10] Re: Mantis and 3.10

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 25 14:15:16 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> Regarding how to use Mantis states - it used to be that when an issue
> was fixed it was marked "resolved". Once it was incorporated into the
> official image it was closed. See, for example,
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Closing-bugzilla-reports-when-harvesting-t1679036.html

"Resolved" means "fixed and approved by someone responsible".  Or it
means "Person responsible thinks it doesn't need fixing".  At any
rate, it is ready to go to the release team.  You are right that
"closing" means that it has been incorporated into the image.  Or the
latest version of the package, if it is not an issue with the image.

My point was that "open" means "open for discussion by the general public".

-Ralph