[V3dot10] Auto-build progress

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 13:20:40 UTC 2007

I have installed the auto-build system in my linux box and I am
currently testing it.

Here is an example command-line invocation of squeak from the auto build
system.

squeak 391.image IBS.st                         \
    path=http://squeak310.pbwiki.com/    \
    install=From39To391                          \
    SmalltalkImage save=391initial          \
    Installer install=Seaside-Magma-Pier  \
    SmalltalkImage save=SMP                  \
    TestRunner suites=allStandardTests   \
    SmalltalkImage save=Tested               \
    Installer install=391TidyUpRelease     \
    SmalltalkImage save=391release +quit

This executes a sequential series of actions handled by three classes.

Installer handles installation scripts and mc packages etc.
SmalltalkImage handles saving the image and quitting
TestRunner handles performing a test run according to the suites and
filters given.

Before a run like this, the auto-build system moves a fresh copy of the
requested image into the work area, and after this is completed it will
copy all files *.changes, *.image, *.info *.zip and *.txt into a
directory in the output branch of the build system.

http://squeak.warwick.st/auto-build/output

---

Keith