[V3dot10] The morality of repository/update stream modification

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Jun 13 16:31:01 UTC 2007

Edgardec and I have been discussing the problem with update 7109 on
#squeak.  I feel like the only real solutions are to either replace the
version of Installer-Core-edc.86 in the repository that use the proper
copy of .85 or to modify update 7109 in the update stream to point at a
new .87 which replaces .86 in the repository and does descend from it.

I feel the first is better than the second, although I'm a bit hard
pressed to explain why.  If anyone is interested in chatting about this
or the core problem you are welcome to come by #squeak or
irc.freenode.net.

Ken