[V3dot10] Report testing MinimalKernel - MNU when Opening Monticello. Later error loading SquekmapPackageLoader

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 4 03:36:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have tried the following steps:

1) Downloaded KernelImageMC.20070226.zip from
http://comtalk.net/public/pub/KernelImage/

2) Started the above image in 3.9 VM, and typed in:
((MCHttpRepository location: 'http://squeaksource.com/KernelImage'user: ''
password: '') loadVersionFromFileNamed:'MinimalMorphicLoader-pk.24.mcz')
load. (one line)
MinimalMorphicLoader load.

This got me into the Squeak world

3) Saved and Quit

4) Restarted

5) clicked Open->Monticello Browser

	##Got a MessageNotUnderstood: DisplayText>>privForegroundColor

Is this expected?

If I abandon, Monticello does open. It is also interesting, when I quit after
that, and open monticello again, I do not get the MNU again....but after a
while I did again. Abandoning seems to have worked ok.

6) Then I added this repository:

MCHttpRepository
                location: 'http://squeaksource.com/KernelImage'
                user: ''
                password: ''

7) Then I loaded EToysLoader-pk.10.mcz

Loaded ok

8)  Then, trying to Open->SqueakMapPackageLoader, I get a MNU:

	UndefinedObject>>select

9) I loaded and tried my (simple) eToysTests here:

http://www.squeaksource.com/eToysTests.html

and they worked on the build image. They are simple, but still, this is great
that the built image passes them.

Apart from finishing and adding more eToys tests that I plan, time permiting
I'd like to help some with 3.10, but not sure where to start. I guess first
step is for me to ask whether the MNU in Step 5 and 8 are expected. Also, I
assume one thing would be to get rid of any overrides that might be in
MorpicLoader or eToysLoader, are there any?

Milan