[V3dot10] status

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Fri Mar 9 21:28:27 UTC 2007

Thanks for making something public. So, I was there...

Here some comments:
- it would be useful to have a changes list (in 3.9 it used to be in
a workspace in the image so that it could be easily accessed)
- all tests are green, great!
- many MC packages have changes compared to the original loaded
version. This is generally not a good sign...
- lovely background

I also tried out the load process starting from a 3.9 image:
- it took, I think, no longer than 5 minutes
- during loading Squeak asked me "Remove all projects and players?",
hm.., well, removing always sounds good, so I pressed yes. Not sure
what the right answer is, though. In an automated build process you
would want to get rid of any kind of manual decision. It would be
nice if 3.10 could be completely automatically reproduced from a 3.9
image (unfortunately this is not the case from 3.8 to 3.9)

Cheers,
Adrian