[V3dot10] RE: About Monticello andhttp://bugs.impara.de/squeak/view.php?id=5217

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Mar 11 12:36:57 UTC 2007

On Mar 11, 2007, at 11:36 , Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> El 3/10/07 11:33 PM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de>
> escribió:
>
>> It solves the problem of moving a definition from one package to
>> another. Depending on the load order, those definitions would simply
>> disappear before, we had several lost methods because of this.
>>
>> - Bert -
> Well. Now what Ron is here, and you have a long way with Monticello...
>
> Is the Phillipe version ( Monticello-SR.315), the best?

I have no idea. But since this is tested on 3.9 it sounds sensible to
use as base.

> In Mantis exists one of Ron and in Impara a lot.

Impara's repositories follow a trunk model where the highest-numbered
version is always the one that should be used. But to my knowledge,
impara continues to work with 3.8 for the time being so do not expect
that everything works flawlessly in later versions.

> What you think about the "Monticello Summit" what I propose ?

I guess I missed that proposal.

- Bert -