[V3dot10] SM going out?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Oct 9 09:29:30 UTC 2007

El 10/9/07 6:13 AM, "Göran Krampe" <goran at krampe.se> escribió:

> Hi folks!
>
> I haven't tracked this list in earnest but someone mentioned to me that SM
> might be getting removed in 3.10. In order to be constructive I would like
> if someone could briefly sum up the reasoning and possibly also mention
> any ideas on what would be needed to "prevent" that.
>
> Note though that I am not "standing up to fight", I haven't been involved
> much in 3.10 and I have also not had time to move SM forward. So the
> people "in power" here can do whatever you like, but I would like to hear
> the "whys" etc so that I can possibly help in any way.
>
> regards, Göran

Goran:
As I said several times, I not against SM.
And you should know I have deep respect for all your work.
The answer is very simple.
We wish smaller images ?
If the answer is yes, then we should take as mush is possible out of image.
At later time , SM (or all now on Universes and packages going out of image
in the future) people could load it.
But as we soon go gamma, no cut off for 3.10.
I hope one day we could start of Pavel kernel and pass some simple load
script for image could grow to any Squeaker wishes.
Always we could have ready to run images like dev of Damien.