[V3dot10] RV: Delete translations

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Oct 24 15:48:10 UTC 2007

El 10/24/07 12:36 PM, "Keith Hodges" <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> escribió:

> Dear Edgar,
>
> I started working on a Logging interface. The intention being to provide
> a unified way of writing your logging code without worrying about the
> specific logging framework that you choose.
>
> e.g.
>
> self log info changeSetLoaded: aCS.
>
> Although Toothpick is the only backend that I have implemented an
> adaptor for, I do not think it is really production ready in squeak. I
> ran in to trouble logging to a file on Windows NT for some reason.
> Logging to the transcript is hopeless and produces morphic walkbacks
> regularly.
>
> I would like to suggest a Null Logger to be included in the base image (
>> 3.10) so that use of logging code can be encouraged even if there is
> no Logging package loaded at all.
>
> Keith

I see your work.
Don't know if ready for 3.10
You have a ready to run ? I wish try.
I don't use Toothpick  yet, only I read the page and dowloand the mcz, so
could say any to your finds.
Maybe a Null Logger could be a good idea.
I thinking is some simple "Release3dot10.txt" on develop machine and
periodic upload to ftp for any could follow what is going on.