[V3dot10] RV: Delete translations

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 15:36:05 UTC 2007

Dear Edgar,

I started working on a Logging interface. The intention being to provide
a unified way of writing your logging code without worrying about the
specific logging framework that you choose.

e.g.

self log info changeSetLoaded: aCS.

Although Toothpick is the only backend that I have implemented an
adaptor for, I do not think it is really production ready in squeak. I
ran in to trouble logging to a file on Windows NT for some reason.
Logging to the transcript is hopeless and produces morphic walkbacks
regularly.

I would like to suggest a Null Logger to be included in the base image (
> 3.10) so that use of logging code can be encouraged even if there is
no Logging package loaded at all.

Keith