[V3dot10] Loading packages in 3.10beta 7143

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Sep 23 09:52:46 UTC 2007

El 9/23/07 5:53 AM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> escribió:

> Why is that? I don't think it's a particularly smart idea to remove SM
> from the image - there is a lot of useful code on SM and it would be a
> shame if people didn't have access to it (in particular considering that
> universes are only accessible via Squeak - e.g., you can't ask Google to
> find a package in Universes but Google will turn up packages available
> on SM).
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

We wish go to smaller images or not ?
If we wish a kernel , like Pavel have or a MinimalMorphic image, a lot
should go out.
I don't say SqueakMap is not useful !
Contrary, I think is a great thing to have.
But always people could load later.
Same for all packages now on Universes and some time ago in base image.

I toying with smaller linux distro now.
I falling in love with some like http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/ and
http://www.slax.org/

I think we could learn some...
A complete Linux + Squeak in 64 Mb business card should be a goal, like
SqueakNOS and SqueakWare.

Cheers