[V3dot10] Status?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Sep 24 16:38:46 UTC 2007

There is an easy conceptual answer to the problem of fallback fonts:
Don't use them. Rip 'em out and require anyone who needs to use multiple
fonts together to implement a CompositeFont which holds a collection of
fonts and dispatches among them by whatever strategy necessary. This
will also simplify a bit of font-related code since various properties
are computed dynamically just because of the existence of fallback fonts.

Cheers,
   - Andreas