[V3dot10] [ANN] New polished Squeak3.11.alpha.7160.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Feb 5 12:31:19 UTC 2008

Folks:

I sending to fpt the new polished Squeak3.11.alpha.7160.zip, rip some more,
have a new ReleaseBuilderFor3dot11 class, following Ralph ideas .

With this class I do all conversion and cut.
Some copying me, should know stripping is not easy :=)
The image could be produced without any hand touch from fresh
Squeak3.10.gamma.7159.image.

Also I produce a SqueakV3dot11.sources and a empty
Squeak3.11.alpha.7160.changes.
Ralph have a best .source scheme , but I can reproduce results , so I go
safe using Smalltalk condenseChanges ;condenseSources.

No guaranties of complex packages work here, a new Universes was needed and
packages should adjust to changes.
I don't touch Traits , seems some found valuable to have.
Still I think we should have Traits as package and people should have
choices.

The reason for I wish start of 3.8.2 is this image don't have Traits or
Monticello.

Forget Traits heat for a moment.

Not having Monticello (only a way to load .mcz) means people have several
choices.

MC "traditional"
MC of Impara
MC of Ralph (this is in the 3.10 and 3.110
MC 1.5 of Keith
MC2 of Colin

So why force all to use "our" MC ?

Next I focus on divide and conquer the Morphic monster.
I have a
http://www.squeaksource.com/Ladrillos.html

Here I have a old breakup, intend actualize to 3.11.
So , each time a Morph method was fixed or enhanced I don't have to move 1.3
Mb up and down networks for a only method change.

When DS or MC2 was ready, I plan to use and test.
I have how in Mac, Linux, Windows XP .

Supposing I qualify for

> Maybe ESUG (European Smalltalk User Group) could give some money in
> order help the developers to attend this event.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Serge Stinckwich

Maybe I met some of you in Amsterdam ?