[V3dot10] Re: Tentative of start 3.11

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jan 30 16:28:54 UTC 2008

El 1/30/08 8:01 AM, "goran at krampe.se" <goran at krampe.se> escribió:

> 2. Ability to uninstall. This means you can apply 10 deltas, realize
> that one in the middle broke things - then unapply all 10, remove the
> faulty one, reapply the other 9. And other interesting use cases.
Here we have the code Jason paid to Javier.
I think is a start point.
> 3. Atomic apply/unapply since we use Colin's SystemEditor - the new base
> tool to actually perform code changes in the image atomically meant for
> MC2. This means apply/unapply should be much more robust.

Keith is working here, suppose I should learn all he do.
You thinks is possible doing with DeltaStreams and MC2 or we should pick
only one ?
I said to Colin in Buenos Aires he should finish and I volunteer for doing
3.10 all again whit MC2.
Same for DS.
I have computers for major OS (Mac, Windows XP, Linux) so could do test.

> In charge? I am not in charge. Interested and gladly involved - but I
> don't have that much time to spare. I could try to concert a push around
> DS though.
>
> regards, Göran

What about all people in this list have "veto " rights ?
So all could drive the release in his spare time.
Saying "no" could avoid headaches and miscommunication.
See me only as the working man wishing learn.

As Matthew suggest, we could public discuss were we wish go.
And if we agree going to Amsterdam (next ESUG), then we should not pick the
Buenos Aires or New York fly.

Very happy you are here!