[V3dot10] Some unresolved release issues

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 02:48:38 UTC 2008

Some unresolved release issues

Hi Ken,

I am following up (as a bug tracker) some issues raised by you in the release of Squeak 7175.

You resolved Mantis #7076
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id= 7076

but did not answer any of the questions my curiosity raised.

Namely
"Ken: how did you actually complete things?
How was the phantom category reintroduced?
Did the process risk other things coming back as well?

"

They may have seemed rhetorical but they were not.

Because you ran into problems the method you used is a vital piece of information.
Without it my curiosity has no idea what to check and what to leave alone.

The other thing I remember you saying is that all tests but one passed.
Again my curiosity needs to know specifically which test you ran did not pass.

There is one test failure report on mantis*
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id= 6705
6705: In sq7143 FontTest>>#testResetAfterEmphasized will always fail on the second pass.

I know this still is a problem in sq 7175.
I don't know if this is the same as the test you refered to.

Or if you ran all the tests more than one pass.
If you were finding the timing error in the recursion test then you must have been, I think.

Anyway, I thank you for your attention to these matters.
I look forward to your answers.

*Since I drafted this letter I had a chance to add a fixed test to the report.