[V3dot10] FunSqueak problems

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Jun 7 17:15:21 UTC 2008

El 6/7/08 12:47 PM, "Matthew Fulmer" <tapplek at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi. I tried out FunSqueak, and found two issues:
>
> 1. The text in the window shown on startup is not good english:
>    "You must found the RePlugin suited to your computer". It
>    should instead say something like:
>
> To use some of these demos, you will need to install the
> RePlugin for your VM. Installation instructions are at
> http://mucow.com/RePlugin.html
>
> 2. There is an issue with the demo project BabySRE. If I try to
>    open a World menu from within that project, Squeak goes into
>    an infinite loop and eats up memory until killed.
>
> It is nice to see demo projects in Squeak again! You have done
> good making FunSqueak. Keep it up!

FunSqueak  need lots of improvement . (It's alpha )
Feedback of troubles like  Jerome and yours keep me on the right track.

To next version I plan to add a more complete "help on demo projects " , I
send here the preliminary version for correct to good English like Michael
van der Gulik and Jason Rogers do for the README of 3.10.

RePlugin was in the image now, but could be replaced by Vassily Regex as I
explain in #IRC.

Again IMHO any next Squeak should have the muO.200.sar here
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/sqgeo.htm

as "acid test" we don't rip things we need later as I learn the hard way
trying to go closer of MinimalMorphic or Morphic 3.0