[V3dot10] The Scope of 3.10.1

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri May 16 12:10:12 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Edgar" == Edgar J De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> writes:

Edgar> Decisions made:

Edgar> 3.10.1 is open should keep open until we was happy all possible fixes and
Edgar> EnH on Mantis fill our quality requerimetns.
Edgar> Doing plain .cs all go faster

Only for essential fixes.  No new features.  No big changes.  Keep it simple.
3.10 is done, let's not spend more time on it.  Do the absolutely simplest
thing possible to put the emergency patches in, and then freeze it.

Edgar> All 3.10.2 , 3.11 , etc is open to discuss until Board "publish 2009 season
Edgar> rules ", sorry my disgression

How many times do I need to keep saying (while wearing my board hat) that
"3.10 is done" for you to hear it?  3.10.2 is not even a possibility at this
point, because we don't have any emergency patches that won't go into 3.10.1.

*New* development is in 3.11.  End of discussion.

And to make it very clear to you...

THIS IS THE BOARD SPEAKING.

OK?