[V3dot10] Re: One of laste updates is the same I put before

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sat May 24 14:35:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 11:27 -0300, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> El 5/24/08 11:08 AM, "Ken Causey" <ken at kencausey.com> escribió:
>
> > es, I made a mistake and duplicated that.  But it is not in fact
> > identical which you could see from my comment on Mantis:  I added method
> > categories.  I've also commented previously that the update stream
> > cannot be changed except by adding additional updates.  Yes, this was a
> > stupid error on my part but other than downloading nearly the same thing
> > twice it causes no problem, please correct me if I'm wrong.
> No problems for downloading twice and all do mistakes.
> Only I wish know I follow what's going on and try to help.
>
> Again I ask if we could harvest old reports from older releases and still
> having sense to have into Squeak.
>
> If you still think is not a good idea to have into 3.10, maybe we could
> start a page for "good things to have into next " ?

The issue is NOT whether or not it is good to have these fixes in 3.10,
the issue is that 3.10.1 was defined to only address immediate problems
with the 3.10 release and to do this quickly.  I personally have no
problem with the idea of starting on a 3.10.2 release immediately after
3.10.1 is released on Monday.  3.10.2 could certainly have a longer
schedule with a more wide-ranging goal of what to include.  However,
given the limited resources (people and time) maybe it would make more
sense to direct effort at 3.11 and get it done better and sooner.

> Edgar

Ken