Process

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 20:19:07 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > Mantis -> (Janitors assign) -> Stewards team
> ?
> Do not get the message

1. User logs bug in Mantis
2. If it is not classified, Janitors assign bug.
3. Bug is now the responsibility of the Stewards team for the class.

> Ok I think that this is also important to be able that we
> can influence the priority since a bug may simply block us.

That's a matter of discussing stuff with the Stewards teams - probably
by adding notes of open Mantis bugs, raising the priority in Mantis,
etcetera.. If something is blocking the release team, it's likely to
block the acceptance of new versions from the Stewards, so they should
automatically raise the priority of these blockers :-)

> Knowing that a set of files should be
> integrated together  is really important. I got some problems in the past.

Well, during the regular process that shouldn't be a problem - if you
grab inbox/latest, and the Stewards team only pushes coherent sets...
Anything that pops up from there is stuff that arises from integration
conflicts between various teams' output, nothing you can do there to
prevent it (except for integrate often, preferrably continuously -
that's where my little automaton hopefully can help).